I just lately deliberate a women journey to Iceland. We technically referred to as it a “Divorce Journey” as a result of a few my mates have been getting divorced and we wished to plan one thing enjoyable they may look ahead to. (On a sidenote: I’m a giant believer on this–It doesn’t should be an overcomplicated worldwide journey, you possibly can plan a climbing journey or a straightforward weekend staycation–however after I’m going via a difficult time giving myself one thing to look ahead to is so necessary.) We did a recap on Ashlynn’s podcast proper right here.
Jen who works with me at Oh Completely happy Day loves analysis and helped me plan an amazing itinerary. We determined to go all the best way across the island which meant we did lots of driving. I feel in case your journey is ~10 days or much less I most likely would simply cowl half the island so you possibly can spend extra time climbing and sitting in scorching springs. However I actually loved seeing every part and it was truthfully among the best journeys of my life.
I’m placing a model of our itinerary under however I believed I might spotlight my Seven Favourite Experiences as nicely.
7. Klettar Tower. Jen discovered this humorous lighthouse to remain in. It was significantly my favourite factor. If I ever come again with my household, I might keep right here once more for a number of nights. The entire prime ground is a 360 diploma home windows so you possibly can watch the Northern Lights within the winter. We beloved it.
6. Vök Baths. Iceland is known for its geothermal tub tradition. We made it a objective to strive as many as we may. Vök Baths was a standout expertise for me for a number of causes. If you’re based mostly in Reykjavik, it’s tougher to get to: it’s on the East facet of the Island and is pretty new. The swimming pools are very very heat (all of the swimming pools are various temperatures) however what’s superb is they’re constructed on a chilly lake. So you possibly can leap from the pier into the freezing water and get out and get within the scorching water. I usually dislike any type of chilly water and I didn’t notice how a lot I might adore it. If you happen to’re on that facet of the island, don’t miss it.
5. Volcano. There isn’t all the time an lively volcano in Iceland however fortunately there was one after we have been there. It was so breathtaking to see the earth being fashioned. It was actually one of many coolest experiences of my life. We splurged on a helicopter experience and landed shut by however normally there are alternatives to hike there as nicely.
4. Kolaportið Flea Market. Reykjavik isn’t a big metropolis however I all the time test for flea markets wherever I’m touring to. This one is open on Saturdays and Sundays and was so enjoyable to buy. It isn’t massive and smells just a little humorous however I obtained some treasures and souvenirs to take house to my household. I beloved it.
3. Friðheimar Tomato Greenhouse. My buddy Heather advised me about this place. The vast majority of Iceland’s recent produce is grown in greenhouses. This place turned its greenhouse right into a restaurant. It’s such a cool ambiance. It was considered one of our favourite meals of the entire journey.
2. Matur og Drykkur. The final night time of the journey we obtained reservations right here. It was wonderful. The cocktails and the meal have been fantastic. Extremely suggest.
1. Scorching Springs. We tried lots of geothermal swimming pools and even stopped at some local people swimming pools. It was so enjoyable. Extremely suggest planning your journey round it.
Here’s a pattern of our itinerary.
- DAY 4 / South + East Coast
- DAY 5 / East Coast
- ACTIVITY: Diamond Seashore
- ACTIVITY: Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon – Zodiac Boat Trip
- EAT: Kaffi Hornid, lobster
- ACTIVITY: Vestrahorn Mountain, Hike
- ACTIVITY: Sveinsstekksfoss Waterfalls
- ACTIVITY: Folaldafoss Waterfalls
- ACTIVITY: Hengifoss and Litlanesfoss Waterfall
- ACTIVITY: Vok Baths
- ACTIVITY: Egilsstadir
- EAT: Aldan
- ACTIVITY: Borgarfjörður Eystri – Puffins
- STAY: Lodge 1001 Nott
- DAY 7 / North Iceland
- ACTIVITY: Akureyri
- ACTIVITY: Fosslaug Scorching Springs