The most recent additions to the Heap of Hyperlinks…
- What are the principle contributions that philosophers have made to Web research? — Catarina Dutilh Novaes (VU Amsterdam) begins an inventory and will get some assist from the group
- “If a being is aware in any respect, what it’s prefer to be that being includes an organisation towards staying alive” — Gary Francione (Rutgers) on what this implies for the ethical therapy of animals
- Paste textual content into “Solely The Questions,” and the end result will probably be an “x-ray” of it that reveals you… solely the questions — Clive Thompson describes why he made this software, and supplies some examples and a hyperlink so you may attempt it your self
- The Future Fund desires to help organizations and people whose work will make the longer term go effectively — and is funding tasks in synthetic intelligence, values and reflective processes, and epistemic establishments, altruism, and different areas philosophers would possibly contribute to
- “Eros commits crimes of ardour as a result of, at the start, it commits crimes of thought. It assaults the center by the use of the thoughts. Eros is an mental monster” — Agnes Callard (Chicago) had a horrible romance. What may be realized from it?
- “We are sometimes poorly positioned to make sound judgments about whether or not somebody is advantage signaling… the epistemically virtuous… factor to do is to keep away from making such judgments” — Mark Satta (Wayne State) & A.Okay. Flowerree (Texas Tech) on mental humility and public discourse
- “My grandfather… was summoned to seem earlier than the Home Un-American Actions Committee within the winter of 1958” — Benjamin Mitchell-Yellin (Sam Houston State Univ.) on the teachings his grandfather’s ordeal holds for as we speak’s disputes over instructing about racism
Mini-Heap posts often seem when 7 or so new objects accumulate within the Heap of Hyperlinks, a group of things from across the internet which may be of curiosity to philosophers. Dialogue welcome.
The Heap of Hyperlinks consists partly of options from readers; in case you discover one thing on-line that you simply assume can be of curiosity to the philosophical group, please ship it in for consideration for the Heap. Thanks!