- A Columbia math professor accuses his college of offering false and distorted data with a purpose to climb within the US Information & World Report school rating — elevating additional questions concerning the worth of such rankings
- “It doesn’t clear up the systematic drawback of the anonymity of the coed expertise on the massive analysis college… Nor does it clear up the issue of anti-intellectualism within the pupil physique” — however there are issues Harry Brighouse (Wisconsin) has carried out as a philosophy professor to “mitigate these issues for a handful of scholars”
- “It lies within the weak point of human nature to at all times need to arrange a system; maybe it additionally lies within the weak point of human nature by no means to have the ability to set one up” — Richard Marshall “interviews” Johann Gottfried Herder
- “I very very similar to the thought of philosophy as a Nice Artwork… there’s no manner of dishonest” — an interview with Sophie Grace Chappell (Open College), presumably “essentially the most counter-suggestible particular person in all the world”
- Marx “canceled” on the College of Florida — a library school room named for him (one amongst many named for numerous well-known figures in historical past) has been renamed “Examine Room 229” after stress from rightwing outlet
- The current “Philosophers On The Russian Assault On Ukraine” has been translated into Spanish for publication in “En Letra: Derecho Penal,” an Argentinian journal — due to Leandro Dias and Alejandro Chehtman for his or her work on this
- “I’m somebody who truly solely has one factor I’m actually enthusiastic about, which is authority; nearly each one in all my tasks is type of unified by this” — an interview with Kate Manne (Cornell) at The Undergraduate Philosophy Journal of Australasia
Mini-Heap posts often seem when 7 or so new objects accumulate within the Heap of Hyperlinks, a group of things from across the net which may be of curiosity to philosophers. Dialogue welcome.
The Heap of Hyperlinks consists partly of solutions from readers; in the event you discover one thing on-line that you just suppose could be of curiosity to the philosophical neighborhood, please ship it in for consideration for the Heap. Thanks!